If you have a Java-based product and are, or are thinking of, using MySQL as an embedded database, this webinar is for you. This is a great webinar for OEM/Embedded customers/prospects (particularly, if they develop in Java)!
Mark Matthews is not only the creator and maintainer of MySQL’s JDBC connector (MySQL Connector/J); as an architect on the MySQL Enterprise Tools Team, he is also an OEM user of MySQL and Connector/J. The Java-based MySQL Enterprise Monitor has used MySQL as its embedded repository for the past nearly 8 years.
Most users of MySQL Enterprise Monitor have no idea that it embeds a MySQL database. Like most OEM customers, the MySQL Enterprise Monitor team (and Oracle MySQL) wants its embedded database to perform optimally every time and at all times – without requiring any end-user intervention.
Join this technical webinar with Mark to learn how achieve that using the many features and options available in MySQL Connector/J. In this webinar, Mark will teach you:
Different approaches for a zero-admin, fault-tolerant MySQL experience
- Ways to diagnose your customers’ performance issues on-site
- About your application’s behavior from MySQL’s point of view
- Ways to improve performance of the frameworks and persistence components that use MySQL Connector/J
- When in-memory caching makes sense for your application
- How to deal with upgrades: Your application’s and/or MySQL’s
- The differences between upgrading to minor and major versions
- How to handle schema evolution and data migration
- And more!
• How to integrate your application to make full use of Connector/J’s diagnostic and fault-tolerance features
Thursday, April 12, 2012: 09:00 Pacific time (America)