MySQL Connect is very quickly approaching and I will have some insights from prominent members of the MySQL Community about why you should join us September 21st-23rd in San Francisco. Mark Callaghan of Facebook is the first subject and his answers are short, sweet, and concise.
What are your speaking about at your session?
The reasons and process of upgrading to 5.6.
Who would benefit most from attending your session?
People considering 5.6
What other sessions would you recommend or are planning to attend?
All of the sessions on InnoDB internals
Why should ‘Joe Average’ DBA or Developer attend MySQL Connect?
Learn more, network with others in the community, let Oracle know what you need in MySQL 5.7
A big thanks to Mark for being the first volunteer!
Mark’s session is on Saturday the 21st:
Current MySQL Usage Models and Future Developments [KEY9963]
Davi Arnaut – Senior Software Engineer, LinkedIn
Daniel Austin – Chief Architect, PayPal, Inc.
Mark Callaghan, Facebook
Calvin Sun – Senior Engineering Manager, Twitter
Tomas Ulin – Vice President, Oracle
MySQL 5.6 and MySQL Cluster 7.3 delivered numerous highly anticipated features, strengthening MySQL’s position as the leading web and cloud database. How and why are the foremost social networking companies and e-commerce businesses successful with MySQL today, and what future developments should be considered to ensure that MySQL will meet their requirements moving forward? Join panelists from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and PayPal as they share their perspectives and insights.
Check out the other sessions here.
High-Level Benefits of Attending MySQL Connect
- Attend keynotes by Oracle Executives, MySQL community members and partners
- Learn new skills with a program including over 80 conference sessions, Hands-on labs, Birds-of-a-Feather sessions and tutorials
- Meet the Oracle engineers driving MySQL Innovation and ask all your questions
- Hear about new MySQL features and get insights on product roadmaps
- Share and network among the global community
- Learn more about partners and Oracle’s offerings through kiosks and demo pods
- Have fun!