MySQL DBAs and Developers are hard to shop for but here are some ideas that will appeal to them.
1. Hamster Wheel Standing Desk http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/office/hamster-wheel-standing-desk.asp
Get your favorite MySQL-er a new desk, some exercise, and you will be giving a gift that provides more than just a place to stash stuff.
For the DBA/Dev on the go, there is also the Refold Portable Cardboard Desk http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/office/refold-portable-cardboard-desk.asp that does not provide as much exercise but could be just the thing for the trip to that oh so crowded Starbucks.
2. “DB Evil Genius” Mug http://www.cafepress.com/mf/10655743/db-evil-genius_mugs?productId=46810134
What goes better on a new desk than a new mug?
3. Sometimes I Self Join postcards http://www.cafepress.com/+query_self_joins_postcards_package_of_8,295044156
4. T-shirts are always popular and the cornerstone of most developers ensembles.
5. The Degree or normality in a database in inversely proportional to that of its DBA t-Shirt
6. Dolphin Casting Kit (MySQL mascot)
7. Another fun shirt for those who enjoy facial hair humor
8. A shirt proclaiming the truth from http://www.dictionarytshirts.com!
10. And finally for the MySQL-ers in your life that is a little edgy go to http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-54334793715728/golden-scorpion-clear-computer-mouse-6.png
Any other ideas? Please add your comments below.